Followers

Monday, February 6, 2017

Keto Sushi


Trying to fulfill my promise, so here's a wonderful recipe for all Kaleo fanatics. Well, I call it Kaleo since I combine Keto and Paleo as a whole. Plus, I schedule a bit of intermittent fasting in between, here and there, so it's a mix. Anyway, this is actually one of my favorite treats.



Since I can't eat rice, as a choice for a low carb diet, it's heaven to discover the replacement. Cauliflower. With the help of my food processor, I happily create cauliflower rice. You must remember not to over process it or it will be better off mashed cauliflower instead. I'm thinking of grating it next time I make some.

Ingredients:
2 cups Cauliflower
3/4 cup Cream Cheese, softened
1-2 tbsp. Rice Vinegar (unseasoned)
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce (or coconut aminos)
5 sheets Nori
1 6-inch Cucumber
1/2 medium Avocado
Smoked Salmon (or any seafood)



Put two cups of rice cauliflower in a very hot pan and saute it. Once it's dry, add the soy sauce and mix it until cauliflower is coated with it.



Prepare the cream cheese and rice vinegar in a mixing bowl.



Mix in the cooked cauliflower rice. Be sure everything is coated.



Let it cool down before spreading on the Nori. Please make sure you let it cool down, or your Nori will be soggy.

Once it is cooled down, spread it thin or your preferred amount on one sheet of Nori.



Place slices of your favorite salmon, tuna, ebi, kani, tamago, cucumber, avocado, etc. Whatever floats your boat. Then roll it. It's easier if you have the sushi mat, which can be bought from any Japanese store or Asian store with a sushi aisle.

Meshiagare!



2 comments:

  1. It looks good....but for the raw fish. I'd have to make it vegetable=only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could actually roll whatever you want in it. It's really good.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!