Followers

Thursday, January 7, 2016

A-Z Challenge: Letter L



Fulfilling my promise to finish the 2015 A-Z Challenge that I abruptly paused. So, here's the continuation.

The letter L reminds me of Lanzones, and Lambanog.

Photo grabbed here.

Lanzones is a type of tropical fruit. It's one of my favorite snacks. It resembles grapes, but the skin is off white/yellowish. Unfortunately, they do have seeds. Sometimes the taste can be bitter and dry, but with a good batch, it is addictively sweet.

Photo grabbed here.

Lambanog is a locally-made Philippine wine; it has 45% alcohol. I'd consider it more like Port or a dessert wine. If you are a wine connoisseur, you must try the Philippine Lambanog.

Wait for M tomorrow...


3 comments:

  1. Can you find either of those where you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in America, I can't find them here. Maybe the Filipino store I go to has the Lanzones, but they're most probably be frozen.

      Delete
  2. Lanzones look a little bit like longan or dragoneyes. Are they related to lychee with a tough skin? Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!