Followers

Sunday, April 12, 2015

A-Z Challenge: Letter H



Honestly, I totally suck at blogging. LOL. I'm terribly sorry for skipping all three days. I've been busy organizing stuff to prepare myself for my new job. Anyway, here's letter H for you, and I will post the other two letters separately.

H is for Halo-Halo and Hamonado.

Photo taken here.

Halo-Halo, or Mix-Mix (well, that is literally how you translate those words), is another Filipino dessert that I love. It was what I ate every day when I was pregnant with my son. No wonder he is taller than me. HeHe. Anyway, halo-halo is a mixture of sweet goodies in shaved ice with milk and ice cream. The picture I used describes what can be in it. "Can be" because you could totally add whatever you want in it, or change them all. I actually love cream of corn in mine, and I add crushed Skyflakes crackers, too. Oftentimes, I just like the corn in shaved ice and milk. We call it "Mais Con Yelo." Now, I want one. LOL

Photo taken here.

Hamonado is one of those dishes that I'm too lazy to cook/make, but I want to eat. It is also called Sliced Sweet Pork and normally served during special occasions. Some Filipino restaurants serve Hamonado, but not all of them are the same. I miss the real good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!