Followers

Friday, April 3, 2015

A-Z Challenge: Letter C



Here I go again with what I truly miss when it comes to the Philippines. This time, it is all about the letter C. I miss Chico and Chicharong Bulaklak.


Photo taken here.

Let me start with the word Chico. Chico is another kind of fruit I love. Of course, it is another sweet kind. When you bite into this fruit, you'd notice that it is a little bit grainy. The smell resembles the smell of a person who has been drinking alcohol. HaHaHa. I'm probably exaggerating. However, in the Philippines, we do have a famous phrase, "Amoy chico ka!" Meaning, "You smell like you've been drinking!" At least, that's how I understood that statement when growing up.


Photo taken here.

Chicharon Bulaklak is a famous appetizer or beer companion. It's deep fried crispy pork intestines. Bulaklak is a Tagalog word for flower. The crispy curls of the dish resembles flower petals. It is of course cleaned thoroughly and deep fried in high heat. This famous appetizer snack goes well with spicy vinegar. Yummy! It's not truly missing-in-action because almost all Filipino restaurants here in California has it in their appetizer menu. The crispier, the better. That's how I like it. Now I'm hungry.

Yes, I'm a foodie. I'm very adventurous when it comes to food. Hopefully, you'll stay tuned for more.


1 comment:

  1. I might try the fruit but not the Bulaklak!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!