Followers

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Keto Moroccan Beef Stew



I tweaked the directions of this recipe to the point where I thought that it's not going to turn out good. LOL. I didn't want to do the slow-cooker version which you can find in here. Time is just not that slow for me lately. So, I did my own version and it worked well for me. So, here's what I did.

Ingredients:
4 lbs beef
4 tsp paprika
6 tsp cumin
2 tsp ginger powder
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
1 cup water
8 medium garlic cloves, minced
4 bay leaves
2 cans chicken broth
1 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
4 tbsp cilantro or parsley for garnishing


Procedure:
1. In a stew pot, throw in garlic, bay leaves, olives, and chicken broth.
2. Stir it all up.
3. Rub some olive oil on the meat, so spices would stick on it, and throw the meat in the pot.
4. Sprinkle the paprika, cumin, ginger, coriander, salt, and pepper. Rub it around to cover. (Note that if the meat is submerged under the broth, covering it with the spices is not really that important.)
5. Add water if the meat needs to be submerged in liquid.
6. Here's the tricky part, since I didn't use a slow-cooker. I cooked all of these in 2 hours using medium heat. But, if you are doing a slow-cooker style, cook it from 6 to 8 hours in low.
7. You could shred the meat afterwards. I didn't do the shredding.
8. Serve it with a garnish of cilantro or parsley on top of whatever you want it to go with. I used steamed cauliflower with mine. (My husband and stepkids used white rice.)

It's my favorite beef stew!


2 comments:

  1. This does look pretty good.....I would do the slow cooker though. I would also probably put the cauliflower in the stew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the cauliflower not too soggy, that's why I didn't put it in the stew pot. But, yes, you could put it in you like it that way. It's a very easy recipe.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!