Followers

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Keto Crispy Fried Chicken



I'm a Fried Chicken fanatic. The crispier, the better. Sometimes, I don't feel like going out and buy Fried Chicken. Meaning, I'm not lazy to cook at home. HeHe. So, I researched and found this wonderful recipe here. I followed it through and through.

Ingredients:
1.5 pounds boneless chicken breasts (sliced into strips)
1 package plain pork rinds
1 egg
2 tbsp heavy cream
2 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 packet powdered Ranch Dressing (probably not Keto, but there's a Keto way of making one)
cooking oil (I used olive oil)
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
1. Start by rinsing off your raw chicken and patting it dry.
2. Beat egg, heavy cream, 1/4 of the ranch mix, and hot sauce together into a shallow bowl.
3. Soak chicken strips in mixture for 5 minutes.
4. Pour oil in pan until it has about an inch depth and heat on medium low heat.
5. Crush an entire bag of pork rinds in a ziplock bag. Be careful, because the pork rinds created a hole on the bag when I did this. Use a wine bottle or rolling pin.) Add the rest of the ranch mix.
6. Remove the chicken strips and drop it in the ziplock bag with the crushed pork rinds. Shake and toss to coat each one.
7. Once the oil is heated, around 350*F, slowly drop the chicken strips inside. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan.
8. After 2-3 minutes, flip onto the other side. This depends on the thickness of the chicken.
9. After cooking, carefully remove and cool on a wire rack or plate with paper towels.

It's very good! I ate it with a bed of spinach and used my favorite spicy Jufran Ketchup. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. This is probably the only way I'd ever eat pork rinds. Also would eliminate the hot sauce for us; we don't like spicy! Looks really good though.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!