Followers

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Best and Worst of My 2014


Photo taken here.


This is going to be a short blog, but it will be about two important events that happened in 2014.

Let's start with the worst. I always want to start with the bad news. HeHe. The worst thing that ever happened in my 2014 is my doctor's diagnosis of my Type 2 Diabetes. My blood sugar went overboard to 203. My A1c reading was 7.4. Very bad. I had to have my own test unit at home and poke my fingers twice or double that a day.



Luckily, I discovered something that changed my life. I owe my recent blood test results to the Ketogenic Diet. I've lost weight. My sugar reading went down to standard range. I feel great!



That was not the best of my 2014, though. That was just the beginning of a great journey for me. I still have goals of losing more weight, and I'm happy to say that "Yes, I can do it!"

The best thing that happened during 2014, for me, was being included in the Stanford Band as a Community Member and played my bari saxophone during the Rose Parade and the Rose Bowl Game. Stanford Band members and organizers are the best ever! I felt loved by them all. It was the happiest point of 2014 ever. Hats off to Stanford Band. Two thumbs up for them being the coolest people I know!




How about you, what's your best and worst of 2014?



4 comments:

  1. Best of 2014 was getting married. Worst is that we had catastrophic truck repairs so I was unable to pay down my debt more. Still, I met the goal by the end of the year for what we'd hoped to get it down to so that was good anyway.

    Hubby has type 2 and despite the fact that I keep him on low carbs at home, he eats like crap on the road. It appears that his 'normal' sugar is 150-160, which isn't bad considering he was close to 400 a couple years ago. I could never totally give up carbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. 400? I was half of that and I couldn't bear the pain of neuropathy. I'm glad he brought it down. I didn't give up all the carbs. I just went low carbs, and I eat the carbs from veggies instead of starch.

      Delete
  2. Michelle in N. CaliforniaJanuary 23, 2015 at 7:38 AM

    Hi Sonnia! I found my way to your lovely blog via my dear friend Kari R. I mentioned I was on the keto way of eating and she sent me your link. I also share a passion for paper, pens and all things "cute"! I am a LEP member but a drop-out :-( Have a great day! m. PS - trying your pizza this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Thanks for your comment. I will try my best to post most of my recipes. I sometimes tweak them to suit my taste. I do post the links where I got them from, but my own blog would show my own way. Keto on!

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!