First, I'd say, "Watch out," because the veggies used in this recipe has carbs. So, don't consume a lot of this. Check your macros, if you are using MyFitnessPal. Yes, you will definitely consume a lot of this, because it is good and addictive. I'm thankful that I now know how to quit eating when my body is full. HeHe.
So, this is one of my favorite dishes. (I think all the dishes I cook are my favorites, anyways. HaHa!) The old version used to have cubed potatoes included. I took them out to make the whole recipe Keto-friendly. I know the veggies I used have higher carbs than what I should have included, but that's totally up to you. You can play with whatever veggies you want, especially the low-carb ones.
Here are the ingredients:
1 lb. ground pork
6 pieces raw eggs
1 medium-sized onion, diced
2 medium sized tomatoes, diced (can be optional coz of the carbs)
1 small green bell pepper, minced
1 small red bell pepper, minced
1/2 cup frozen green peas (can be replaced with a lower-carb veggie)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Heat a frying pan or wok and pour-in 2 tbsp olive oil.
2. When the oil is hot enough, sauté the onion, and tomatoes.
3. Add the ground meat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Put-in the bell peppers and green peas. Cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper then stir to distribute. Transfer to a large bowl. Let it cool down.
6. When the cooked ground meat reaches room temperature, beat the eggs and pour into the bowl of meat and veggies. Stir to distribute all the ingredients.
7. Heat a clean non-stick pan. Add the remaining cooking oil.
8. Scoop the egg and pork mixture to the pan. I used a ladle, but you can use a measuring cup, too.
9. Cook each side for 3 minutes or until you see that the eggs are fully cooked. Avoid over cooking the eggs. Do the same step until the mixture is consumed.
10. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
11. Serve with low carb ketchup. Share and enjoy!
This can be eaten whenever: breakfast, lunch, dinner. You can eat it by itself or with Cauliflower Rice. Enjoy!