Followers

Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving Day - What I'm Thankful For




Every year, we celebrate one day of thanks. I think, it should be celebrated everyday. But, I don't want to blog about it daily. So, I created a short list in my planner (see photos). It is not necessarily in order, even though I numbered them. I don't rank them in popularity or significance. They are all equal, in general.

To elaborate more:


1. Snail Mail and Penpals - Handwritten letters have been a part of my life since 1989. It is something that helped me in so many ways, particularly in the mental aspects of life. At first, I wrote in journals or diaries, talked to notebooks that don't answer back. Through snail mailing, I received wonderful and colorful replies with thoughts other than mine. It's a great feeling to correspond with someone who acknowledges my short or long missives through their own handwritten or typewritten way. That's why I'm thankful.



2. Planners and Accessories - I'm not a crafty artist, although I've always wanted to call myself one. Through different stickers, washi tapes, and colorful pens, I morph into craftiness. I decorate my planners and letters to personalize them. It's a way for me to express myself. Being able to do so is the best de-stresser ever. That's why I'm thankful.

Photo taken here.

3. Toxic People Who Stay Away - Letting go was the greatest thing. And, letting go of toxic people is the happiest thing. I'm thankful that they have stayed away. I hope it stays that way.


4. Social Media and Its Gadgets - Without social media, I wouldn't have connected with my childhood friends and classmates. Without the gadgets associated with social media, the connections wouldn't have happened. It's great to see old friends online, even though they are sixteen thousand miles away. That's why I'm thankful.

Photo taken here.

5. Non-blood relatives - I'm referring to the people I call family nowadays, and they are not related to me by blood. They are the ones who are more related to me than my blood family, and I'm thankful that they are around.

6. Real Close Friends - I'm always thankful for the people who accept me for who I am, good or bad. They are still around me no matter what. They understand me when I don't make sense. They laugh at my jokes even though they are not funny. They hang out with me because they simply want to. They lend a shoulder for me to cry on without any questions. They listen when I rant like a banshee and they don't run away. I'm very thankful for them.

7. My Job - A lot of my friends know that I have ranted about my job numerous times. I know that I'm luckier than a lot of others for having one. It pays my bills, at least. It doesn't cure my stress, but it is at least still there supporting me. I'm thankful for that.

8. My Son - I'm a proud and happy mother. He's a wonderful person. He makes me smile whenever he sends me his daily photo. He makes me laugh when he tries to tell me a joke that I can't understand. He reminds me of myself when I was his age. I'm thankful for him being a part of me.

9. My Stepkids - Being a stepmother is not like being a mother. It is totally different, but at the long run, there's a bond that forms, and the two worlds connect. Most of the times, kids are kids, and they get in your nerves. But, at the end of the day, they are still precious beings whom I want to walk with on a good path. They are like my son. They are all different, but they have their own meaning in my life. I'm thankful that they show me the unique wonders of youth.


10. My Husband - When I look back in the past, I never imagined someone like my husband wanting to meet me, wishing to be with me, and proposing to marry me. I'm thankful for him being such a great person in my life. He is the most wonderful husband ever.

11. The Powerful Positive Force Around Me - Since the new movie trailers of one of my favorite movie franchises got released recently, I'm sticking to "The Force." The good, powerful, and positive force always prevails. Someone is watching over me, in a good kind of way. Whatever problems I face, a solution always arrives at my door steps. I'm thankful for that.

And last but not the least...

12. The Ketogenic Way of Eating - Last September, my Pre-Diabetes ended. It became a full-blown Type 2 Diabetes. I researched and found LCHF (low carb high fat) or Ketogenic Woe (Way of Eating). It totally changed my view towards the food pyramid. My hopelessness got cured by the Keto Woe, and my life changed for the better. I'm very thankful that it became a part of my life, and I'm keeping it for a long, long time.


I had an awesome Thanksgiving Day with my heart-family. My MIL's dinner menu was the best. It was turkey-rrific! With my Keto-Woe, I of course didn't partake in the starchy sides. I did have the juicy turkey, the bacon and green beans, Mt. Olive pickles, and the avocados I brought. The best part was of course the Pumpkin Pie and Crustless Almond Cheesecake. Yummy!



Yes, I had a bit of a cheat day. We celebrated my birthday after dinner. It was worth every carb count! The great thing about it, my blood glucose reading didn't hit the highest note. It was all so good, whipped cream, crusts, and every slice!



I received wonderful gifts from my MIL, FIL, and SIL (Those are abbreviations for Mother-In-Law, Father-In-Law, and Sister-In-Law). Stationery sets, stickers, colorful pens, and a red scarf. They were perfectly me!


I'm very thankful for everything, good and bad. They made me who I am today.

How was your Thanksgiving?


2 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving was pretty good. We manage to pull it off despite our small kitchen, house and lack of tables/places to eat. My stepkids came over. It was also my bday but that got blown off by everyone including the hubby, other than just wishing me happy bday. :( At least I felt the love from my Facebook friends. Usually I wouldn't mind but it WAS a milestone, 50th, and he didn't even think to get me a card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw... I'm sorry to hear that about the birthday. I'm sure he will make up for it. I need to organize my birthday lists. I keep on forgetting to incorporate it in my planner. Yours will definitely be there and you'll definitely get something from the mail.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!