Followers

Monday, November 3, 2014

Keto Pizza - Coconut Flour Crust



This is the fourth type of pizza crust that I have discovered for this Ketogenic WOE (way of eating). I got the recipe from this web page. I have to admit that I like it better than the Cauliflower crust for the simple reason of making it easy. I didn't need any cheese cloth and no burning my hands in the process. HeHe. (I can't live a day without complaining, seriously.)

So, here are the ingredients (I used it all):
3 eggs
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. oregano
1 clove minced garlic
Your choice of toppings

Procedure:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper, then grease with olive oil (I actually greased both top and bottom of the paper for easy flipping--you'll get to this later).


2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the milk and mix well.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix all the ingredients together, then spread the dough onto the pan.
4. The crust will be very thin in consistency – not to the point of pancake batter, but still thin. It will be spreadable, but not runny.


5. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until brown (I would definitely increase the time to at least 25-30 minutes to make my crust crunchy--next time). Remove it from the oven and immediately ‘flip’ it over. Be very careful doing this. I tried flipping the crust I made on top of a clear counter. Be sure to have the exact same size of the pizza pan or cookie sheet you are using.


6. Let it cool for a few minutes.



7. Add toppings and pop it bake into the oven and continue to bake until the cheese bubbles. (Remember to cook your meats prior to starting your crust.) I used pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, shredded cheddar, Italian sausage, salami, ham, pepperoni, black olives, white mushrooms, and green bell peppers.

I love using Coconut Flour, but I'm leaning towards Almond Flour more when it comes to Keto Pizza. However, Coconut Flour is way cheaper than Almond Flour. So, I guess, it depends on what your budget is. I knew that it's cooked when I saw the cheddar melted towards the edge of the crust (around 20-25 minutes).


I hope you enjoyed that one as much as I did. Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!