Followers

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Keto Dish - Binagoongan Express



There are so many Pork dishes in our Filipino menu, and one of my favorites is Binagoongang Baboy or Pork in Shrimp Paste. This version that I'm about to blog is a combination with another favorite dish of mine, Bicol Express. It's a Spicy Pork Dish Stewed in Coconut Milk. This is why I'm calling this Binagoongan Express.

Here are the ingredients:
1/2 kilo or 1 lb pork belly or liempo, boiled
1 small onion chopped
2 bay leaves
2-3 tbsp. shrimp paste
2 jalapenos sliced diagonally (take out the seeds)
3 tbsp olive oil
Stevia (I cooked 4 lbs or 2 kilos of pork and used 2 Stevia packets)
2 tbsp. vinegar
2 chili pepper chopped or crushed pepper (depends on the level of heat you like)
salt and pepper
1 tsp whole pepper corn
1/2 cup water
coconut milk (I used one can for 2 kilos of meat)

Procedure:


1. Boil water in big pot (enough to cover the meat. ) Place pork meat and add bay leaves, salt and whole pepper corn. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for at least 40-45 minutes or until pork is tender. Drain and cut into cubes. Set aside.



2. In a separate pot, heat olive oil. Saute onion and garlic until soft and fragrant. Add sliced pork and saute over medium high heat until light brown.



3. Add shrimp paste and stir until combined. Pour in water. Season with vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Adjust seasoning according to taste.



4. After a boil, lower down heat. Take out pork meat and lay it flat on a foil covered cookie sheet. Broil it.


5. While meat is broiling (Be sure to check it all the time. Don't over-broil. You just want it crispy. You can turn it over, too.), bring back medium heat on pot, add jalapenos, coconut milk, and boil.



6. Take out broiled meat. Add it to the liquid mixture.

7. Stir, cover and simmer. Sprinkle with chopped chili pepper, mix well. Turn off heat.


I had a side of Cauliflower Rice with this. It's so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!