Followers

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Keto Cauliflower Rice


During the first days of changing my woe (way of eating), my thoughts were a bit stressed-out thinking, "How the hell am I going to get rid of rice?"

Being 100% Pinay, I grew up eating steamed white rice, decades and decades of my life. Every type of dish in my country has rice tagged along the side or mixed in it. I did a lot of research and discovered Cauliflower Rice. To be honest, at first, I thought it won't be good, because my brainwashed thinking screamed, "There's no absolute replacement for this great tasting white rice, ever!"

Thank goodness it's not true. Cauliflower is the greatest thing for this woe. And, of course, a food processor is the next. HeHe.


Just cut up a head of Cauliflower, put the florets in the food processor, pulse it until it resembles white rice, and it's ready for cooking. I always keep some chopped up in a plastic container in the refrigerator, so I can always get some when I want to have a side of "rice."

Cooking it is very simple. If you want fried rice, just cook it like fried rice. Instead of the white rice, you will use the chopped up Cauliflower Rice.

Fried Rice Procedure:
1. Using a wok, saute minced garlic with olive oil.
2. Add Keto-friendly veggies (green beans, broccoli, etc. just enough to give color or variety).
3. Add Cauliflower Rice (one head of Cauliflower chopped).
4. Add salt, pepper, and low carb soy sauce. Mix it well.
5. Add beaten eggs. Mix it very well, until cooked.


It's very good with everything, especially our famous Silogs!


Of course, it can be just plain Cauliflower Rice that resembles Steamed White Rice.

Steamed Rice Procedure:
1. Get a cup or two of the Cauliflower Rice and place it in a microwave safe bowl or plate.
2. Mix in a teaspoon of fish sauce and fried garlic.
3. Microwave for a minute or two.
4. Sprinkle with parsley.

If you close your eyes, it tastes like steamed rice.


What a great "rice" replacement, without the carbs!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. I don't have a food processor though, just a blender.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!