Followers

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Keto Pizza - Fat Head's Crust



This was the first time I used Almond Flour, so I was a bit excited when I made this pizza.

I did research when it comes to Ketogenic ingredients that would replace the starchy pizza crust. I discovered Fat Head's Pizza Crust.


The Crust

- Mixed in a microwave-safe bowl the following:
1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tbsp Cream Cheese

- Microwave it for a minute. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Be careful. It's very hot.

- Stir in the following:
1 egg
3/4 cups of Almond Flour

It should have a dough-like consistency.

- Preheat the oven for 425*F.

- Prepare a cookie sheet with a lining of parchment paper.
- Wet your hands with water and spread the pizza dough on the cookie sheet.
I will definitely try to flatten the dough as thin as possible next time, because I want my crust crunchy.

- Sprinkle the flattened dough with garlic salt.


- Put the dough in the oven.
- After 8 minutes, check it, and poke a hole on any part that's bubbling.
- Bake more for a total of 12-14 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.


- Put a thin layer of low carb pizza sauce, cheese, cooked meat, and veggies for toppings.
- Put it back in the oven to melt the cheese, and it's all done.


I made two batches, because, I thought, one batch was not enough for me and my husband. I got six slices out of two batches of the Fat Head Pizza Crust recipe. However, after eating a slice and a half, I was so full already. It's very filling. My stomach is not used to having the carbs on Almond flour, so I feel weird. LOL. I wouldn't eat this pizza everyday, though. It's heavy! But, it's definitely low-carb-great!


2 comments:

  1. Damn my food allergies. :( They lock me out of anything almond.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!