Followers

Friday, October 31, 2014

Keto Pizza - Cauliflower Crust



Research led me to my discovery of different pizza crusts. The Cauliflower Crust is one of them. I came across it through this web page, and thought it doesn't hurt to try it at home.

However, I have to remind you that this crust is very flimsy. Perhaps, I needed to bake it more or to add another egg to bind it together effectively, but I only followed the ingredients where I got from. It still tasted okay; different, but it will do as an alternative.

Here's what I prepared:
4 cups raw cauliflower, chopped
1 large egg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/3 cup shredded cheese (recommended soft goat cheese)

Here's what I did:
1. Preheat oven at 400*F, then work on crust.
2. I chopped one head of cauliflower in my food processor.


3. Boiled water (an inch high in a deep pot).
4. Placed chopped cauliflower in the water and cooked it around 4-5 minutes.
5. I drained it. Use a very fine mesh strainer.
6. Transferred drained cauliflower in a cheese cloth. (Be careful. It is very hot.)
7. Squeezed out all the water as much as possible. (It's very hot! Don't burn yourself. Let it cool down if you can't handle it.)
8. After squeezing out the excess water (yes, there's a lot of water), I mix in the eggs, salt, dried oregano, and shredded cheese (I used Parmesan in this recipe because it's all I have in my refrigerator, but you could use any cheese, especially soft goat cheese.) Mix it well together.


9. It will not look like an exact pizza dough, but it will hold together. Spread it out on a pizza tray or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.


10. Bake it for 35-40 minutes. It should look golden brown.
11. Load the toppings. Remember, meat should be cooked, because you only need to pop back the pizza in the oven to melt the cheese.
12. Bake again for 10 minutes.
13. Serve.


I had leftovers and discovered that pizza is always better eaten cold. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I made a similar cauli 'bread' and yes, it didn't quite get as browned and bread-like as I thought it would. That said, it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!