Followers

Friday, September 12, 2014

Berry Berry Ber


Photo created by Beth Sobel of LEP

Aside from school starting for the kids and American tackle football commencing, everything else is a blended smoothie. Yeah, I know, "Why the hell would everything be a blended smoothie?" It's my way of saying that everything is a mix. It's a smorgasbord of movie types: comedy, drama, action, adventure, and perhaps fantasy can be sprinkled on top of it. Just be glad there's no horror, murder mystery, or even zombies. Well, hopefully, not yet on the latter. Can you imagine zombies roaming around your neighborhood? Sheesh. Oh, sorry. I write too much metaphor.

Officially, I can say that my writing studies would soon say, "Adieu!" It's a matter of getting my final grading from my professor, and of course my certificate/diploma. So, more time for me to read books, write letters and blogs. Aside from that, I can now edit my novels and finally finish them. I'm still undecided whether to take the traditional route of publishing, or go all out indie and self-publish. Meh, I'll cross the bridge when I get there. My focus is to finish them first.




So, what's been going on? Lots of letters to reply to, but I'm getting caught up. My pile is down to 20+. HaHa. It used to be 30+, so that's quite an improvement. Lots of old pals dropped out from snail mailing due to postage costs. Some dropped out just because they want to. They didn't want to write anymore, maybe because they found some other things to focus on. Though, I don't think they should be considered authentic snail mailers. How can you drop it off? Creative stationeries, colorful pens, adorable stickers, remarkably designed washi tapes, crafty envelopes, magnificent postage stamps, and handwritten letters ... aaahhh! I can never imagine not being around those, especially when I'm a plannerholic. They're a part of me for life. Jot down this here, jot down this there, jot it down, jot it down, everywhere! LOL

Okay, I'm going to stop talking about snail mail. Let's talk about fitness and health. I've set up my everyday workout around 8pm or 8:30pm up to 9pm or 9:30pm. After sweating it all out, sleep drags me to bed. Well, after cleaning myself, that is. It's funny because after a good cardio and a sound sleep (thanks to my CPAP), I forget I have to go to work the next day. LOL. Actually, I forget to activate my alarm clock. I'm so forgetful, that I sometimes suspect that Alzheimer's is knocking at my door. I hope not! I'm not that old! HaHa!

It's that time of year when Filipinos play Christmas songs starting this month of September. It's a tradition I'll never forget. I grew up with it. This year, though, I haven't heard one single Christmas song. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Who knows? Music is music, and I do like Christmas songs. However, I'll admit that it gets a bit too much sometimes. I get watery eyes hearing some of the classics, especially Merry Christmas Darling by The Carpenters. When my husband and I were dating, we were apart during Christmas Eve. We did speak over the phone, and I sang that song to him while he was driving. I think, I made him cry. So, if I hear it now, I'm the one who gets teary-eyed.

Oh well ... At this point, I'd say that I'm comfortable with my blended smoothie. The flavor is right; the mix is quite acceptable. The temperature doesn't give me brain freeze, at least. It goes down smoothly without any issues at all. It's comfortable. Although, I know that someday, I need to pick up a different kind of flavor. Maybe, a totally different kind of drink. Bloody Mary, anyone?

How about you, what's been going on with you?

P.S. Thanks to my penpal Beth Sobel who is also a member of League of Extraordinary Penpal for creating my LEProfile Photo. Beth, you're awesome!


2 comments:

  1. It's just way too early for Christmas music or stuff in the stores! I never could work out before bed, it'd wake me up too much. I used to go after work when I lived in CA b/c I had to pass the gym on my way home.

    Postage costs are crazy high. I mailed out 8 homemade thank you notes and each one was .70 to send, so over $5. As much as snail mailing would be fun, it's just not something I can add to the budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas is the biggest holiday/occasion in the Philippines. That's the reason why it can't be just one month. There's no other holidays in the final four months, except for going to the cemetery in October31st to November 2nd. I didn't grow up with Halloween costume experience. No Thanksgiving there also. It's all about Christmas. It's 80-85% Christian Catholics there.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!