Followers

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Facebook Messenger App Privacy "Issue"



A lot of Facebook users cried foul over the enforcement of the Facebook Messenger App (FBMA). According to Facebook, the only way to send messages to your friends now is to download the FBMA. Everybody who encountered this new rule complained and ranted. In fact, a lot of my co-workers talked about it in the office. I got sucked in.

I, myself, hopped on the bandwagon and uninstalled my Facebook Messenger App, because I thought it was ridiculous. However, after doing so, I researched why on earth I had to do it in the first place. (I know, I know. I should have researched first before uninstalling it.) Funny, I discovered something that made me install back the Facebook Messenger App. I took screen shots of my Samsung Galaxy S4 to have a clearer explanation.

I uninstalled Facebook and reinstalled it to capture its privacy wordings. Here's what it stated:



Afterwards, I installed back the FBMA so I could capture its sensational privacy wordings, which everybody hated. Here's the FBMA one:



Basically, all of us who complained and ranted against the FBMA's intrusive privacy wasted time and effort, because Facebook itself has the exact privacy wordings, if not more. We are all using Facebook. So, why are you complaining against the messenger when you have been under the same privacy for years?

I installed FBMA back. I have nothing to hide: no money in my bank to steal, no nude photos, no secrets, and no conspiracies brewing in my backyard. I don't want to be paranoid like others.

I need to stop hopping on those bandwagons. How about you?


3 comments:

  1. My phone is so basic that I can't install apps anyway so it just lets me send messages like before. I think the hoopla was over the fact that FBMA could allegedly take control of your camera, photos, and phone book info if they wanted, which was a little weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then people should have worried about it when Facebook came out since it's the same privacy with FBMA. People "assume" the control of their phone, but that is total non-sense. Unless Facebook has acquired every phone's IP address, Facebook can't have remote access to anything.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!