Followers

Saturday, August 9, 2014

2nd Wedding Anniversary, Vegas Style!



My hubby and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary in Las Vegas. Boy oh boy, it was one hot weather in Sin City. 99 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. If you close your eyes, you'd hear yourself sizzling. Ssszzzttt! (I'm exaggerating!) My hubby and I were just a very hot couple. It affected the weather. HeHeHe!


We stayed at the very nice Mandalay Bay Hotel. (Huge hotel, I felt I'd get lost.) I called it "very nice" because the A/C inside our room worked well (unlike the Tropicana's where we stayed in last February 2013). Anyways, there was one bad thing, and that's their lack of free brewed coffee inside the room. Nothing's free inside Mandalay Bay? Well, the beach chairs were free to use, if you have a room key. Just be afraid to fart, they might charge you. *sticks tongue out* (By now you should know that I'm a very funny gal.)


Don't get me wrong. I loved every moment of our stay inside the hotel, especially because of their wonderful pool area. They have a wave pool, complete with beach sand under your beach chair. They also have a lazy river (no swimming allowed, only tubes), the regular pool (3.5 to 4.5 ft all throughout), hot tub, and the toptional pool area (dangling melons!). I loved the peaceful regular pool area with the hot tub. Nobody seemed to frolic around it. Quiet was the name of the game! The screaming kids were all in the wave pool. I stayed away from it. HarHarHar! I never went to the toptional pool area, by the way. I was afraid I wouldn't want to leave it because of too many eyecandies. LOL

Aside from a scrumptious dinner at Stripsteak (Thanks for the anniversary greeting on our dessert plate!), we bought tickets to watch Tournament of Kings (TOK) inside the Excalibur hotel. We rode the tram from Mandalay Bay to Excalibur. I thought it was an awesome idea for the hotels to have a transportation like it. Very convenient for their customers!


Photos from Yelp

I thought TOK came out of a historical romance book. Seriously! Long-haired knights in armor, jousting, stallions, heavy swords (they looked heavy to me), Kings, Prince, and Merlin! Dancing maidens, a jester, and evil lords with a fire breathing dragon! (Hmm, I thought they said dragon...) It was one helluva treat! If you are in Vegas, you should see this show. It's a must! Be prepared to eat your whole fried cornish game hen, potatoes, and broccoli by hand. Yup, you read that correctly. By hand! Don't worry, technology intervened and they served dinner with a packet of wet wipes. *wicked evil grin* Or, you can always bring your own, if one piece won't be enough.


We also bought tickets to see Eddie Griffin inside the King's Room at Rio hotel. I love Eddie! I've seen him before, and I'll never get tired watching him on stage. It was great meeting him again after the show. Too bad because no photos were allowed by Rio. Boo!

Overall, our vacation was excellent. Why can't it last longer? A week seemed too short. Sigh.

So, how have you been this past week?


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time! I loved the FB pics you posted too. Didn't know you were at Mandalay. When I went to Excalibur in 97 they didn't have trams yet. And it's just too hot there for me. I went first weekend of June and it was 110 then cooled off to a balmy 98 close to midnight. No thanks! I don't care if it is 'a dry heat'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we were in Mandalay. Once inside, you won't feel the heat. Mandalay was great when it comes to comfort, but your pockets feel the heat of charges.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!