Followers

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Redwood City 4th of July Parade and Battle of the Bands 2014


Our 4th of July celebrations started early morning in Redwood City. For several years, I've been a part of a marching band and walked with them during the parade. This year, I did it differently. I became a spectator, brought my own folding chair with the Shaglings in tow, and we sat at a street corner where the parade passed by. It was awesome!

Here are several of the photos I took that morning. There were tons of photos, but I wouldn't post them all.


























The best part of the day was the Battle of the Bands between University of California Davis Cal-Aggie Marching Band-uh (CAMB) and Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band (LSJUMB). My observation: it was not really a battle. It was more of a music skills exhibition. Each band plays a song, but no band should repeat what the other band played. Simple rule. The event was timed by the organizer, so they can't really play all day and all night. However, I could imagine the bands playing all day and all night because there were tons of songs to play without repetition. One day wouldn't be enough!

Here are a couple of my favorites:





At the end of the day, we had a quiet barbecue and swimming party with several wonderful friends. What a great day! The hot tub worked wonders! Sore muscles were happy and ready for another fun day.


How about you, how was your 4th of July?


2 comments:

  1. We had torrential rain and wind from that hurricane that brushed us. So we stayed in and watched TV. I made burgers and corn on the cob for dinner and we ended the day with Sagan getting sprayed by a skunk and us outside in the storm washing and hosing him off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw. Poor Sagan! Sorry, that happened. Bad Mr. Skunk! But, I'm sure Mr. Skunk was spooked with all the fireworks. I do hope the rest of your weekend turned out great.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!