Followers

Sunday, July 20, 2014

AIDS Walk 2014 with LSJUMB



AIDS Walk was an interesting event to attend to. No, I didn't register to walk, but I did get my steps. How? I carried my camera, took photos of the participants as well as the LSJUMB (Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band) members, and that earned me steps on my Fitbit. See? I walked! Well, I sat, too. I took breaks. Of course! The sky was overcast, but a perfect day for AIDS Walk.


Awesome live music to boost the walkers' spirit. Cheers! The pumped up participants stopped by in front of the band to listen to some funky music. Several people danced, some took photos with the band, and some continued on with their wonderful purpose. What a fine day! There were jolly participants in their colorful clothing, too. Check them out!










The best part of the walk was this heroic three-legged doggie. Wow! I wanted to hug this dog! I mean, how could you not??? S/he was amazing! S/he met the challenge and finished it. Funtabulous!


Every participant in this event was special. They all did it for a great cause. Keep up the good work! Extra special to the four-legged fur-babies, of course. Check them out! (Be prepared to scroll down for a long time, because there were tons of cute doggies. Also, please excuse the blurry shots. They were all walking fast, and I had to chase them. LOL.)












































































Sadly, this post ends here. Have you participated in a walkathon with tons of fur-babies?



2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a lot of dogs!!!! I don't remember there being that many when I did the walk all those years in the 90s. It was packed with people though. But we always got there at like 9, registered and started walking. So by the time we were coming into our last kilometer, the crowds were just starting out, so we missed most of the people, pets and festivities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a lot of everybody and everything. It was so fun! You should visit next time!

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!