Followers

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Silicon Valley BBQ Championship 2014



Yesterday, my husband and I went to the Silicon Valley BBQ Championship event hosted by the Santa Clara Rotary Club located at the Santa Clara Central Park. The Houserockers Band was one of the bands scheduled to perform, and Shaggy played his bari saxophone with them.

Before the band played, we walked around and checked out the different BBQ booths selling their yummy grilled goodies. There were a lot of people, and there were long lines in some of the booths. I was curious about how the food tasted when a long line formed in front of a booth, but I didn't have a lot of time to wait.










We ended up at the Smoking Pig BBQ booth, and we weren't disappointed at all. They gave us two leg quarters for the price of one, and their BBQ sauce was great. I love the Spicy BBQ sauce! Their Wolf Turd (Jalapeno Poppers) was the bomb. I had my first bite of the Wolf Turd and it exploded in my mouth. Well, not literally. I meant the spice burst in its greatness with a real nice kick. I needed water right away. Woohoo! I'd call it the best bite I had during the event. We did have the best solution for the spicy attack.


You can't go wrong with ice cream. Thanks to the Scoops booth. They carried my favorite Rocky Road! I was a very happy camper.


My BFF showed up with her roomie and we hung out at the front side of the stage while Shaggy played with the band. I had a great time taking photos. I wish I videotaped the performances, but the speakers were too loud. I know I could've taken videos from afar, but with the white tent over the band, the ten guys playing their instruments underneath looked like shadows. So, when I went closer for clear video of each band member, the audio got totally distorted. Oh well.

I love observing people, or a hobby I call "People Watching," and I had the time of my life taking photos of people having fun at the park.


This lovely lady had full of life dancing in her vintage 1920s short dress. Don't worry, be happy! I'm positive you're jealous of her dress.


Honestly, I wanted to have my own belly dance belt. It inspires you to just shake it! Shake, shake, shake! You would want one, too. Come on, admit it!


Everybody can dance! This man in the wheelchair was quite an inspiration. Move and burn those calories, exercise!



Mosh pit! Several people gathered around and formed a circle (more shaped like a broken hotdog bun to me).


It actually reminded me of Soul Train. Don't you agree? Everybody danced with a happy smile on their faces!


At the end of the day, a smile formed on my face. I had fun. It was a memorable experience seeing everybody co-existing together because of food, music, and the love for them. The only thing that sort of temporarily messed it all up was this:


The critter crawled above my writing desk when we got home. *insert banshee screams here*

Cringe to the max!

Thanks to my loving husband. He's my Knight in Shining Armor and I was the Damsel in Distress. Well, over spider invasion, that is. (Yeah, lame.) How was your weekend?


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time! I don't operate well in crowds and I'm always hesitant to get the food in case I end up sick later on. I need to get Russell one of those PETA shirts. lmao It's too bad you weren't in the bay area in the early 90s when the Grateful Dead used to play at Shoreline and stuff. You would have LOVED the people watching.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!