My blog is always delayed. My apologies. Still struggling with this cough, and the common cold decided to join its lonesome party. The more the merrier? Not really. Being on the optimistic side of things, at least, I'm able to accomplish little meaningful goals day to day. (Yeah, right. hahaha)
Thanksgiving Day came and went, yet I failed to write promptly about what I was thankful for. My favorite saying comes to mind, "Better late than never." How wonderful to write about Thanksgiving in December! That's optimism.
So, here it is, my Thanksgiving list:
1. I'm thankful for the toxic people who are NOT present in my life. God gave me the right path to make them disappear. Answered prayers indeed! May they all find peace on their own journey without me in the picture and without them wanting to be a part of my life. I have no wish to know anything about them. May they also wish the same.
2. I'm also thankful for the wonderful people who surround me: my penpals (random total strangers who became close to me through snail mailing), my band friends (who are music lovers just like me), my other in-person friends (co-workers, Meetup members, my social media pals--people reading this,--and random acquaintances), my adopted US soldier (for doing what he does so I could do what I'm doing), and those I consider very close to me (you know who you are). They keep me sane. Well, there are times that I get nuts, but they get nuts with me, too. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em! I feel their wonderful support in everything, and I try my best to be there for them as well.
3. Thank you for my heart family: my wonderful parents-in-law, sister-in-law, and stepkids. They have all accepted me as their very own. I feel the warmth of their love, their friendship, and endless caring. I'm truly blessed.
4. I'm very thankful for my one and only son. Didin, mahal na mahal kita, anak. Be good always. I'm so happy to see you progressing in your studies. Study harder. Thank you for being you, and I'm so happy with what you are doing (working and studying at the same time).
5. Thank you for a wonderful husband who is also my best friend, lover, confidant, ally, and partner in crime (not that kind of crime!). Our communication is the best thing in our relationship. We laugh together, everyday, and it's the most wonderful thing in the world. I'm thankful for always having that feeling when we just couldn't wait to see each other, to share stories about our day, and to just simply wrap our arms around each other at the end of the day. Not to mention our non-stop texting and emailing daily, too. Thank you, Shaggy, for the honesty, the trust, the friendship, and the endless caring love that you give me.
6. Last but not the least, I'm thankful for the Big Guy Above. I know He watches over me. Everything that happened in my life happened for a reason. I am who I am right now because of all those incidents. I don't regret a single thing. It is what it is, and I'm walking forward with my head up high, praising Him and thanking Him for giving me everybody who loves me in my life.
The best part of our Turkey Day was the surprise birthday gifts and candled pumpkin cheesecake as birthday cake. Yum!
How about you, what was your Thanksgiving list?