Followers

Friday, April 19, 2013

The Old School Q




Q is for Queues and Queries.

I'm referring to queues inside grocery stores. Have you noticed that we now have self-check out? I know that lines won't die down ever. It won't get obsolete. However, we've improved technology and taken out some of the cashiers out. Bad for employment, but is it really convenient for shoppers? Queues may be old school when self-check out is around, but how fast can one check out? I see a long line behind the self-check out stands, really.

When it comes to queries, it is so easy to find answers nowadays. Google or Bing, everything's online and on your phone. Unlike before, it is so difficult to do research. It's all hands-on. You have to go to big libraries or big institutions in order to find data. Today, with the convenience of the internet, everything is a few typing of letters away. Perhaps the next level of improvement is to discover telekinetic powers. Bring items to you! Oh well, I'm dreaming...


2 comments:

  1. I use self checkout every now and then but I don't like it much. But I can't live w/o Google!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used a self-checkout, the whole idea of it feels so robotic and it bothers me. I much prefer the five minute interaction with a person, even a grumpy one.

    And I love that every question you can think of is so easy to find an answer for. I love Google!

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!