Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Old School P




There's a lot of stuff under P.

First, Polaroid Cameras. I'm sure you've heard of it. Maybe, some of you haven't seen an actual one, but you've seen its kind of photos through Instagram or other camera apps from your phones. I've used one in the past. Point, shoot, print, fan the print-out, and fan more. Meaning, dry it out. *laughs* I've used it taking a lot of my pets' photos back home in the Philippines. Now, that makes me feel old. *cringe* I don't really miss it much, because I don't consider it producing a good quality picture. However, it surely made a big difference when it comes to "instant" cameras. No need to wait for film to develop.

Next is Passwords. Technology has shown us new ways of passing security: retina displays, finger prints, and hand prints. Big example for this is my 24 hour fitness gym membership. My password to enter the gym is not my driver's license anymore. It's my index finger print and phone number. Passwords aren't obsolete yet. It just evolves to something uniquely you. This is being tried out. Not all establishments use this yet. Maybe, they're all waiting for the tongue print. Who knows?

Last but not the least, Plastic Bags. Lots of stores have banned plastic bags in connection to the green campaign of different organizations. At least, here in the Bay Area they're mostly banned. They're now replaced by reusable bags. Now, if only my brain won't forget to bring it with me when shopping. Sigh.

What do you think of these old school stuff? Pros and cons?


4 comments:

  1. Polaroids bring back memories of childhood, gathered around the grown up who took the picture, watching as the image appeared with the fanning. I had a polaroid in 1999 purchased so that I could take pics of an apartment I had rented in WA for us to move into, so that my now ex could see the pics of it as soon as I got home. This was right on the cusp of digital photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my new laptop it is finger print passworded... which is AWESOME!! My sneaky children can't hack my facebook account anymore!! No more posting which child is my favorite! HA!!
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when computer/email passwords only had to be a few letters long, but now they need to contain letters, numbers, symbols, and goodness knows what else! I can never remember most of my passwords :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back, just to let you know that I'm nominating you for a Liebster Award :)

    Rebeccah Writes - Liebster Award

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!