Followers

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Old School O




O is for Old School.

I'm talking about the old school of old schools in my own terms, and this concerns cash.

I don't carry cash. Bills or dollar notes, if you want to be very specific. I prefer paying with my ATM or Credit Cards. All my transactions end up in my bank statement, and it's easier for me to manage and check everything. That's the hi-tech payment for me. So, using cash is sort of neanderthal. For me, okay? I'm talking about me.

Cash payment is too old school. It requires me to get the receipts and keep them away until the next tax filing. Nooo! It's annoying. But I guess, Neat Receipts was invented for that, too. Still, receipts are printed out. I applaud the companies who email me receipts instead.

I know that not everybody has succumbed to the ATM-Credit-Card convenience because of all the identity theft reports, bank glitches, etc. In fact, a lot of Asian restaurants don't want to charge. They want cold hard cash. Maybe that's why I don't go to them. I don't like places where I'm required to bring cash for paying. I patronize the establishments with Visa/Mastercard logos outside their doors.

Maybe I'm too picky, but what's your take on this old school payment?


4 comments:

  1. I always paid by check when I shopped back in WA and would carry around the same dollar bill for months at a time. Since I've moved back, I've gotten more in the habit of carrying cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way, but you can't function some places without cash--like NYC. Drove me crazy while living there, but hey, to each their own, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some old school stuff is fun, but mainly as it has to do with decorations. Old school technology (or lack of it) is just annoying. Love the post! :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand why a lot of places prefer cash since they lose a percentage of their profits to credit card companies every time someone uses a card. That's why a lot of gas stations give a discount when you pay with cash. Especially for small businesses those fees add up. I prefer cash, myself. It think it's much easier to budget, than swiping the card and forgetting about it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!