Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What to Write?



Photo taken here.



To tell you the truth, I used to dream about writing a historical romance book. Back in grade school, my fondness of the medieval era, knights in shining armor, and damsels in distress were swimming in my subconsciousness.

Today, I realize the real meaning of my childhood dreams. Looking at the whole scenario in my head, I was clearly the one in distress and simply wanted saving back then. Luckily, I didn't need a knight in shining armor to do the whole rescue. All the doors of opportunity opened up for me, and I entered them at the exact time and day. Everything fell into place.

My dream of writing a book is at reality's door. It may not be a historical romance kind anymore, but writing something is what matters. Whatever I ended up with, writing is an accomplishment already.

--

A dear friend eagerly asked me, “Why don't you write a memoir?”

Avoiding her eyes, I sighed and responded, “Whenever I start writing about my past, I just ended up crying.”

I felt her warm hand cover my left wrist. With a concerned tone, she said, “I understand. It is difficult to dig out the buried emotions."

My free hand touched her hand back, and averted my eyes on hers, “Yes, it's scary, and seeing the whole scene in my head puts me right back where I don't want to be.”

--

It's effortless to say, “I will write my personal memoir today and have it published.” But the truth is, it's difficult for me to gather up the broken pieces and go back in time. Reliving different painful scenarios, recalling words that burn through your heart, and putting your whole self back in a world you dread are not comfortable things to do.

For now, I'm staying away from painful memoirs.

I'm concentrating on Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy Fiction stories. I have given freedom to my wild imagination. I've released my childhood characters from the hidden dark corners of my inner abyss. I scattered them on the ground to let them dwell inside the evil moonlit forest, to invade the peace under the murky waters of the nearby lake, and poke you from behind. They'd be following you in your bedroom when you are about to go to sleep, and say, "I'm watching you, all night."

If that scared you, right now, perhaps I'm on the right path with my writing. *laughs*


9 comments:

  1. It could be therapeutic to write it down someday if you ever decide to, but I don't blame you for not wanting to revisit that time in your life. The problem I have always had with writing is how to end the story. I even struggle with it at the end of blog posts. I'll be typing along, thoughts flowing effortlessly till I get to the end of the story and sit there for an hour trying to think of something to say. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my professor at Long Ridge, writing the end statement is like a short recap of why you wrote the piece in the first place. Or, a repeat of important aspects from the very first batch of sentences (first paragraph). It's like presenting a whole bunch of theories and ending with a conclusion.

      Delete
  2. great post. I thought I'd write a memoir too, but then I realized my joy lay in reading fantasy books. I instantly loved writing fantasy as well. Never looked back since.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.

    I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!


    my web blog Iron Knights Hack Android

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, what a website it is! This blog presents valuable data to us, keep it up.



    my web page: summoners war cheat

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Unfortunately, if you are commenting under an Anonymous handle, your comment won't be posted. Have a wonderful day!